Saturday, December 3, 2011

30. JBL 4311 WX-A Control Monitor Speakers From 1974

Back in the mid to late 1970's these were extremely popular in recording studios.
Rockers would listen to the playback on these. Wonderful speakers for listening close up or as they say "near field". I have them on my computer desk with a nice Marantz 2235B receiver. The turntable that I'm using in this set up is my Pioneer PL-71 with an Empire 2000 E/III cartridge and original stylus. I am really liking this set up!

1 comment:

  1. Right? What's not to like... I just picked up a pair of the 4311wxa myself. Been listening through a freshly recapped Marantz 1072 integrated (did the re-cap myself). I also have the PL-71 (garage-sale find) but haven't hooked it up with these yet. I have a blog called Hi-Fi FREQ that I just started if you feel like looking in on it. I am also a fiend for vintage Pioneer-Current favorites being an SX-737 and an SX-2500... Keep on rockin!

    ReplyDelete