Saturday, November 30, 2013

51. BEWARE of What Can Be Found in a Ported Speaker or The Horror of What I Found in a Cerwin Vega AT-12.

I picked up a pair of Cerwin Vega AT-12 speakers at a thrift store. The foam on the 12 inch woofers needed to be replaced. I paid less than $20 for the pair and got a streak of lazy in me and decided to part them out rather than invest the time in fixing a pair of speakers that I'm not going to use anyway. So I pulled out the tweeters, mids, crossovers and lastly, the woofers. That's when I saw THE HORROR! Apparently, the savage who owned them before me stuffed his USED condoms in it. There were more than what is pictured. Then again, maybe he didn't own them. Maybe they belonged to his girlfriend or boyfriend and when they weren't looking, he stuffed the used rubbers in the Vegas. Either way, this is the WORSE thing I have discovered inside a pair of ported speakers. Here's a picture:

3 comments: